Re: XTB, reliablity, etc.

"sylvan butler" <ZsdbUse1+noZs_0612@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:slrnen9g1l.qm6.ZsdbUse1+noZs_0612@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I have a testerlinc.  It shows a silly "quality" number for X10 traffic,
> and an equally silly "120khz activity" number.  Yet it has been
> incredibly helpfull isolating noise sources.  Other things which I
> suspected have shown no testerlinc differences with or without a filter,
> so I "assumed" they are OK without.
>
> Is that a flawed assumption?

Unfortunately, the SignalLinc doesn't appear to measure signal strength.  I
don't think the X10 quality number is a good indicator of signal strength
until it becomes marginal.  So, this instrument may not be that useful for
finding signal suckers.  However, that 120KHz activity number may be a good
tool to identify noise sources.

Jeff