Re: XTB, reliablity, etc.

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 00:50:45 GMT, Jeff Volp <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> The XTB works with any plug-in X10 device like the maxicontroller, CM11A,
> TW523, or RR501.  Most light switches are receivers only, and they will
> receive a stronger signal for more reliable control when using the XTB.  You
> are correct that the XTB was not designed to boost the output of wire-in
> transmitters like the Leviton 16400.

Or the floodlight, or two-way devices, or...

> The XTB and XTB-II are both intended to boost the output of your primary
> automation controller to boost signal levels throughout your house, and
> increase reliability.  The XTB cannot boost the output of remote
> transmitters.  However, the repeater function of the XTB-II can do that if
> the remote transmitter can get an acceptable signal to the XTB-II.

How well does the repeater function of the XTB-II work with things like
micro-dim, and as compared to other repeaters frequently castigated here
and in other X10 discussions?

I'm considering an XTB, but I am far from certain that signal strength
is the significant factor behind my currrent troubles.

sdb

--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com