Re: On Q vs Leviton

"Jon Juhlin" <j_juhlin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> My question has to do with the brand of  equipment to use. The electrician
> recommends On Q brand equipment and left me a catalogue to review. But I'm
> not sure where to buy this brand of component in the future other than the
> electrical wholesaler. Leviton on the other hand is available from the
> local hardware outlets.

A lot of it is surprisingly compatible; perhaps the attachment pattern
inside the box is not, but I've got a Leviton enclosure with Channelvision
stuff mounted in it. I suspect other brands are similarly compatible.

Being concerned that components are easily available is right on the money.
Any of these brands is going to be around a good long while; weather it's in
a home center or at a local wiring supplier.. well, I find my wiring
supplier to be significantly cheaper. Unless I'm already in the hardware
store buying something else, it saves me money to go to the other place. I
also buy from www.automatedoutlet.com and have always gotten excellent
prices and services.