Re: Xtb 240v

"Frank Mc Alinden" <Frank.Mc.Alinden.2i61mn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message news:Frank.Mc.Alinden.2i61mn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hi Jeff
>
> >Another fellow who posts here regularly modified the XTB kit
> >version for 240V, and that apparently is working fine. While
> >this conversion is feasible, the higher voltage capacitors are a
> >squeeze, and the standard 120V North American connectors
> >must be dealt with. Perhaps the answer is to use a blank case
> >and drill a hole to splice it into a 240V extension cord.
>
> When you say a squeeze are you referring to mounting the caps
> on the pcb or fitting it into the housing ??? or both....
>
> If its just a housing issue i would like to purchase a 240v 50hz kit
> and try it out with Homevision .....

They do fit inside the housing, but don't quite seat down onto the board.
It's those red guys in the far left corner of the photo included in the XTB
description.  There just wasn't enough room to provide alternate pads at the
correct lead spacing for 630V caps.

I don't have all the components for 240V 50Hz kit at this time, but we can
probably work something out if you would contact me directly through the
address on the XTB page.

http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10xmtbuf/xtb_description.htm