Re: Xtb 240v

"Frank Mc Alinden" <Frank.Mc.Alinden.2i5se4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message news:Frank.Mc.Alinden.2i5se4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hi Jeff
>
> Any news on how the 240v version of your XTB  is going ????

Hi Frank,

I'm not sure.  One unit went to a fellow in England.  It works with the X10
modules similar in appearance to those that we have here in North America.
However, the newer 240V X10-2 modules sold by a firm in Hong Kong did not
work with it.  We are trying to understand the difference.

Another fellow who posts here regularly modified the XTB kit version for
240V, and that apparently is working fine.  While this conversion is
feasible, the higher voltage capacitors are a squeeze, and the standard 120V
North American connectors must be dealt with.  Perhaps the answer is to use
a blank case and drill a hole to splice it into a 240V extension cord.

Jeff