OT: Flying

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Approach to KaiTak:  Fly base and ignore the admonitions from the radar
> altimeter to Pull Up as you cross over Stonecutter's Island, then make a
> 90 degree right turn and dirty up the plane real quick with flaps and gear
> to get down to the runway. Don't forget to smile and wave at the people in
> their apartments as you fly by at eye level along the curved approach to
> the runway.

The most adventerous approach I've experienced has been into Jackson Hole.
Wyoming:  Fly down into the valley on downwind, turn directly into Grand
Teton Mountain on base, and turn final just as the mountains fill the
windshield. Flying gliders in those same mountains is my best personal
logbook entry.

Annnnyyyway.

Thanks for the notes. It's nice to hear a small plane pilot's opinion on
flying a big one.