Re: Re: Insteon now or wait?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1t6dnao-YPExlFLZnZ2dnUVZ_vGdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:eai34b$clq$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Charlie Sheen

First thing, I have no opinion either way. I have spent a ton of time
reading all of these articles and watching the videos, and mostly have come
to only one conclusion: it is fascinating.

One thing that bothers me in particular is Building 7, which was not
impacted by an airplane, which showed a textbook demolition, which contained
a government emergency response center, which was a block away from WTC I
and II... that one bothers me a little.

> In this case, if you understand how the burning jet fuel worked, it's
> quite
> easy to understand why the building pancaked.  Anyone who's ever seen an
> overloading shelving unit collapse (me!) knows that when you overload
> supports, they'll fail and, in turn, cause the supports underneath them to
> fail.

The freefall math a few people have done seems to suggest the pancake theory
doesn't hold water. Namely, they say that when a building pancakes, the
impact of the top on each bottom floor slows down the fall of the top. IE,
it happens in a sequance which hesitates a tiny bit as it hits each element
of resistance.

The math done by some very smart people suggests that the top of Building 7
hits the ground at a freefall time period, meaning that the lower floors
showed no resistance to the freefall whatsoever.

Then we get into things like chemists finding traces of thermite, the fact
that the mechanical engineering community wanted to examine the rubble so
they could design better buildins int he future but weren't allowed to, soem
inconsistancies in passenger manifests on the airplanes, the near
impossibility of navigating a jet liner without training in flight deck
operations......

As I said, I really have no opinion. But it seems plain that there are some
questions that should maybe be answered.

Personally, if there's any sort of cover-up, I think it more likely that
someone is covering up our intelligence ineptitude, not some government plot
to kill lots of Americans.  Who knows.

I do know this:  This thread sparked this discussion again between me and my
coworkers during a van ride home from DC yesterday.  We had been discussing
it for about an hour, had fallen into silence. A car merged onto the
interstate in front of us, with the license plate "WTCI&II".  One of my
female coworkers flipped out. She reads her horoscope daily and things like
that.

It WAS a little freaky.