Re: Record temperature to computer via serial port

If you're interested in an X10 approach, take a look at Smarthome's
TempLinc 1625 <http://www.smarthome.com/1625.HTML>.  It'll transmit
the temperature data over the AC house wiring vi X10 signals so you
can plug in one or more (up to 16) at various places in the house
without extra wiring.

If you also have an X-10 CM11A computer interface (~$30), the
TempLinc is fully supported by the (free) HEYU software for
Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X <http://www.heyu.org>.  Timestamped
temperature data can be automatically written to the HEYU log file.

(With the CM11A and HEYU, you can do a lot of other great home
automation stuff too.)

Regards,
Charles Sullivan