Re: AHU control for church

Hello Ken,

> I have a church with approx 35 ahu's.  These are mostly home-style units
> with a few big 10-ton package units.
>
> I'm looking for your thoughts as to approaches to take / vendors or
> equipment to use to control these units.
>
> We'd like to be able to schedule these units and provide some sort of local
> schedule override.  A system that could measure outside t/h and
> predictively start the unit to arrive at the desired temperature at a
> certain point would be even better.
>
> Any thoughts?

In our church we use programmable thermostats. Can't say much about them
as I am not the electrical guys there but they are pre-programmed to
arrive at a set temperature for major events such as worship services.
When we hold meetings or bible studies and the duration isn't fixed we
hit an extra button on there that bumps up the temp regulation time by
30 minutes per push. Works well.

Just my humble opinion: I would never do this stuff via a shaky
transmission scheme such as X-10.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com