Re: Wheelchair proximity detection

All this discussion ofRFID and IR has me thinking about a hybrid system..

Use a IR/motion sensor to sense proximity to the door area triggering a RF
transmitter. On the chair, a RF receiver senses the signal, and triggers
a second transmitter, which is received by the automatic door.

The system is only active when activity is sensed in the door area, and the
door is only activated when the proper RF signal is received. As an option,
the door receiver can be active fulltime, or only when activity is sensed.

On the chair, only the receiver is normally active, the transmitter is only
active when a signal from the door is detected.

Bob Vaughan  | techie @ tantivy.net 		  |
	     | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --