Re: Wheelchair proximity detection

I did a bit of googling and, as I expected, quickly found several available
systems that address this need. Most require a switch on the chair but they
have things like chin operated switches. Since you didn't respond to my
ealier question about how you control the chair, I don't know whether a chin
switch is appropriate but I think you'll probably have better results by
communicating with companies who make automatic door openers for wheelchair
access than you'll get here. Here's one link.

     http://www.opensesamedoor.com/