Re: Who's using National Instruments Hardware/Labview / Measurement Studio for Home Automation?

On 9 Aug 2006 07:05:50 -0700, msg@xxxxxxxxx wrote in message
<1155132350.020622.241900@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Marc_F_Hult wrote:
>
>> >  I have a Sun S-bus NI GPIB
>> >board desperately seeking a driver; is there any chance you have
>> >any sparc Solaris NI stuff?
>>
>> You don't say which Sun OS version or which National Instruments HPIB
>> board, but you can download NI drivers for eight different NI HPIB boards
>> for SPARCstations running Solaris 1 and Solaris 2 here:
>>
>> http://www.ni.com/support/gpib/versions#workstat
>
>Thanks for your reply.  I checked the URL just in case things have
>changed, but alas (quoting):
>
>"SB-GPIB/TNT (SBus)  	X  	2.3     (my board)
>
>Note:NI-488.2 drivers for Solaris 2.x are not free downloads;
>the NI-488.2 driver for Solaris is available for purchase or
>upgrade only."
>
>I was just hoping that perhaps you had this one for Solaris 2 and
>perhaps could discuss its acquisition.
>
>This is not for HA, but for some GPIB instruments we now run on
>HP 300 RMB.

Now we have the specific OS and specific board and maybe someone else will
find your request. (I used to use HPIB and IEEE-488 on HP machines but that
was in the 1980's with HP and Ziatech ISA bus controllers so I am of no
help. I eliminated everything IEEE-488 in the last move 8 years ago.
Sometimes which I hadn't ...)

...Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org