Re: 2 wire vs 4 wire Smoke allarms

Coppernob wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:48:46 GMT, "Kurt Delaney"
> <kurt_dot_delaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>There have been EXTENSIVE discussions on this exact topic over on the boards
>>at www.worthingtonsolutions.com -- you might want to check them out.
>

> Thanks,
> I even called them and they confirmed the bad news....

They're wrong.

> 110V smoke detectos (photoelectric + ionization) are around 35$
> Now I have to search for 4wire 24V ones for the Omni....

That's actually a good idea, however, I'd go with 2 wire units (they're
easier to install).  Make sure they're cross-listed to your alarm
control.  You may have to install a reversal module to get all the smoke
alarms to "beep" when one goes into alarm.  If you use 4 wire DC smokes,
you'll need a power supervision relay.