Re: Inject text alerts into a CATV system

> When I sat down with all the suggestions people had listed and all the
> conditions, various inputs and outputs I had to deal with it turned out to
> be too complex to function reliably unless I spent a TON of money on it.

There's one more possible solution.  If you're not averse to opening up the TV
set, you can wire a relay to open the speaker circuits (there are two) when the
doorbell rings.  There are inexpensive wireless doorbells that can be rigged to
trigger a low current relay.  Total project cost should be under $150.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.