Re: Inject text alerts into a CATV system

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

<stuff snipped>

> There's one more possible solution.  If you're not averse to opening up
the TV
> set, you can wire a relay to open the speaker circuits (there are two)
when the
> doorbell rings.  There are inexpensive wireless doorbells that can be
rigged to
> trigger a low current relay.  Total project cost should be under $150.

I am beginning to like Lewis G's speaker suggestion.  It ties in with a
whole house audio system I've been envisioning for my folks.  It's still in
the planning stage because I'd like to incorporate VR into the system so it
could query my Dad to make sure he's taken his meds, locked the door, etc.
He's getting very forgetful as he ages, far more so than Mom.  Right now the
plan is to have dedicated "microphone stations" at the front door, the
kitchen, the bathroom and the bedroom.

--
Bobby G.