Re: HAI software

> Programmers are so used to
> programming for mouse navigation, that they forget to include the
> standard keyboard options, (i.e. use the tab key to move to the next
> field, hit the alt key to move focus to the menu bar, etc).   Microsoft
> has documented these programming tips/techniques to help make
> applications accessible.  They can be found at:
>
> www.microsoft.com/enable

When we designed the software for Edwards, I was responsible for the UI and the
help system.  One of the things I insisted on was that every feature of the app
have keyboard access.  I also insisted that all tables be navigable using [tab]
and [shift-tab].  To be honest, this had nothing to do with accessibility for
blind users.  It's because it's much faster accessing sequential and tabular
data fields using the keyboard than by clicking the mouse.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.