Re: HAI software

Robert,

No, getting the software was no problem.  I sent a note to ELK support
indicating the accessibility problem for blind users, and offering to
help if they were interested in investigating what the problems are and
how they could be resolved.  In most cases these types of application
accessibility problems are a result of the company simply not being
aware of the issues involved and the solutions available.  Usually few,
if any, architectural changes are required.  Programmers are so used to
programming for mouse navigation, that they forget to include the
standard keyboard options, (i.e. use the tab key to move to the next
field, hit the alt key to move focus to the menu bar, etc).   Microsoft
has documented these programming tips/techniques to help make
applications accessible.  They can be found at:

www.microsoft.com/enable

Any assistance in communicating with ELK would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis