Re: Cat5 wiring shared for network & phone?

> I paid an electrician to wire cat 5 to 5 rooms in my new house.  He was
> told that they were for My computers & they would all go to 1 room with
> a hub.  He wired it, but didn't run phone lines to some rooms.  He
> isn't coming back (it's a long story).  Can I use 1 cat 5 cable for the
> computer network & a phone line?  ie: Are any pairs on a cat 5 cable
> not used?

Yes, you can use one cable for phone and LAN.  It's not considered optimal but
it will function.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.