Phone wire central connection

I just read an old message, from this group, discussing the use of
connection blocks for the phone lines.

My plan, up to this point, was to install RJ11, OR RJ45 distribution
blocksin my main wiring box, and simply plug each phone/network wire
into a distribution jack.  Is there something wrong with this approach?
 I've never used punch down blocks, but I am a big believer in being
able to easily isolate sections of any kind of networkfor trouble
shooting purposes.  The punch down block approach does not look like it
lends itself to this.  Is it just the cost savings that this method has
to recommend it?

Dennis    ,