Re: Phone wire central connection

> My plan, up to this point, was to install RJ11, OR RJ45
> distribution blocks in my main wiring box, and simply
> plug each phone/network wire into a distribution jack.
> Is there something wrong with this approach?...

It's not something wrong per se, but you may find it's neater and easier to
support, not to mention a bit cheaper to use a punch block.  Many folks use a
combination block to facilitate cable swapping and diagnostic work.  The block
has punch pins on top and a row of RJ11 or RJ45 connectors on the side.  All
field wiring is terminated on the punch downs.  Short cables with plugs on each
end are used to connect the various runs to desired services.

Here's an example of such a device from OnQ:
http://www.onqlegrand.com/jahia/Jahia/lang/en/pid/940

This one is from Leviton:
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/BuildPage.aspx?BuildPageID=584

There are many makes and models available from numerous local and online sources
(including yours truly:)).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.