Re: X-10 RF troubleshooting

Yes, the BX24-AHT already gives an RSSI measurement - it's the [bracketed]
number in the RF output. It could control an LED but that would be such
heavy overkill as to border on being criminally insane. ;)

It would be possible to write a simple program for the BX-24 or ZX-24 to do
this and you could download it instead of the normal program then switch
back when finished. The users manual for the BasicX and ZBasic languages can
be downloaded from their respective web sites. Look at the "GetADC" and
"PutDAC" procedures. I think they even have simple schematics for "PutDAC"
in some app notes on the BasicX site. The BX24-AHT is not, however, amenable
to being battery powered.

A PIC12F675 makes more sense at ~$1.25 vs $40-60 for the BX-24 or ZX-24
although there are no free Basic language compilers for PICs. I will try to
remember to create a PIC program for this and send you a vector board
circuit when I get to the wireless thermometers.

I've been struggling with roZetta, partly due to being hampered by health
(and age) issues, partly due to other outside events (my building was for
sale and there were prospective buyers traipsing through frequently), and
partly because some of the features that make the ZX-24 attractive needed a
lot of code to make use of them. The new owner of the building was here
yesterday so that's no longer an issue. A recent discussion on the ZBasic
forums has resolved some of the programming issues and I now hope to have it
ready in a couple of weeks.