Re: Help for the Cat shelter

sylvan butler <ZsdbUse1+noZs_0604@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>On 10 Apr 2006 12:34:39 -0400, Philip Lewis <flip+spiced_ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You will find that the cats eat more in the colder weather, since they
>> are burning calories to stay warm. We've been keeping the house in the
>so what you are saying, is that cats provide heat, self-regulated
>according to environmental conditions...
>
>Nice!  No thermostat needed!

heh... yup... and you and every other "warm blooded" mammal on the
planet.  But that doesn't mean that the cats cannot get hypothermia,
just like you, and every other mammal on the planet.
(did i get my double negatives right? :)

Some folks say (perhaps jokingly) that drinking cold beverages will
burn more calories for the same reason.

It's the new freezing cold diet... yes, just lower the temperature of
your enviroment and *feel* those calories burning away. ;)

--
May no harm befall you,
flip