Re: Help for the Cat shelter

Jim Baber <jim@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>    I am looking for an inexpensive solution to controlling the output
>of 1500 Watt oil filled heaters in six 400 sq. ft. outbuildings.  Each

I did a google search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=plug+in+thermostats

first hit (Disclaimer: I know nothing about this company):
http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/controls.shtml
has a couple that look like they might do what you need.

I'm sure other hits will work as well, but the greenhouse community
seems to be a good place for cheap/ready made solutions.

The idea of making a platform/box to catch some of the air seems to
have merit.  50-100 cats on a 4x8 piece of plywood sounds like a real
fun time. ;)

You will find that the cats eat more in the colder weather, since they
are burning calories to stay warm. We've been keeping the house in the
50s this winter (we *really* need to insulate) and the cats are much
more anxious at dinner time. ;) Maybe you can get the local butcher to
donate fat trimmings to boost the caloric intake.  (insert debate on
the value of raw foods for pets vrs killing potential parasites by
rendering the fat here)

good luck.
--
May no harm befall you,