Re: Video/elk/internet

> They are wanting to get something that will work with
> there new touchscreen so I doubt it will be long...

Feel free to doubt it will be long but ELK says they have nothing on the drawing
board as of yet.  Past experience with ELK (I've been an ELK Products dealer
since the first day they opened and before that I was a Moose Products dealer
when the owner -- Wade Moose -- had the original company) has consistently
demonstrated that they do not hurry anything to market.  ELK will create an
idea, run it by dealers for suggested improvements, create a prototype, run that
by dealers at trade shows, add every requested feature they possibly can and
then work some more to get the bugs out before releasing the product.

The history of the M1G followed this pattern to the letter.  Bear in mind, I'm
not in any way faulting ELK here.  If more manufacturers were as responsive to
dealer input and as careful to get things right as ELK my job would be a lot
easier.  The down side is that new products would take longer to get to market
but if that meant they'd be better engineered and more feature risk I'd be happy
to accept the added delay.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.