Re: My biggest X10 issue ever... Please help...!

"Michael G." <514mike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> For the past several months, everything has been working beautifully.
> Three housecodes, ActiveHome Pro, etc.

Which three housecodes do you use?

> A few hours ago, all hell broke loose!
>
> I am receiving an RF signal of N11 OFF NON-STOP... 5 times each second.

Is "N" an in-use housecode?

<stuff snipped>

> I am able to replicate on ever transceiver.
>
> As a matter of fact, when I plug in one of those old transceivers
> (CM11A, I THINK) it keeps on acting up, until I unscrew the antenna.

You're not likely to be unscrewing an antenna from a CM11A.  What's the
label say?

> Then it stops.

What stops?  No more N11's flooding the line?

> So it's definitely an RF issue, not generated by any AC powered device
> in my house.

If you use the "N" house code, it sounds very much like a stuck transmitter.
Palmpads get wedged under things and keychain remote buttons stick.

> I am trying to think about any other X10 remotes I own, but I cannot
> think of any.
>
> I am using ESM1 signal meter to test it.  The red bars just don't stop.

I assume these are "GOOD" X-10 signals.  If so, put a transceiver like the
TM751 set the housecode N with the antenna collapsed and the ESM1 on the end
of a 50' extension cable and walk around the house.  Search hardest in the
area where you see a signal.

> I've tried every transceiver, as well as the CM15A... same thing...

> Non-stop N11 OFF's being generated.  And I don't even use N11.

But do you use the N house code?

> It's been over an hour now, and I am simply stumped.

Just an hour?  You've got to spend 12 hours to get the X-10 merit badge!

--
Bobby G.