Re: Media Center Infrared Keyboard not working

You need KB912024 installed for the IR Keyboard to work. (though it should
be working because you have UR2 installed already).

See if any of the tips listed at this page help you out.

Possible fixes for IR receiver or remote problems after installing Update
Rollup 2 for MCE 2005
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/10/24/484423.aspx

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP