Re: Z-WAVE question

Marc F Hult wrote:

> Are these on-off, or dimmed lights?

Straight "on-off".

> If on-off, why bother to use X-10 at all given that
> you are running control wiring anyway? Or do I misunderstand something?

You didn't misunderstand.  He wanted his lighting circuits to reliably
interface with the alarm system to provide simple status.  A lot of
these circuits were also controlled by the panel (timed "on/off"
functions, "on" or "flash" in alarm, "on" on arrival or when activated
through the telephone interface to the panel).

I'm not all that "up" on home automation, which is why I'm so interested
in what you all have to say.  I've learned a whole lot.  It's also an
interesting way to keep up with developments.

I've steered several clients to BruceR's website so they can see what a
properly terminated home-made HA wire centre should really look like.
You guys rock!  :-)