Re: Z-WAVE question

Dennis wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> I sent a message to the email address on the Z-WAVE site,
> (info@xxxxxxxxxx), and it was eventually returned as undeliverable.
> Are they still around?
>
> 2. According to the ELK documentation for their Z-WAVE interface,
> Z-WAVE modules report their status changes only to the unit making the
> change, thus HA systems like ELK can not know the current status of a
> device, thus can not use this information for automation control.  Has
> anyone heard of enhancements to the z-wave spec's to fix this problem?
>
> Dennis

You bring up an interesting point, Dennis.  We recently completed an
installation where the customer (retired senior airline pilot) wanted a
good deal more "bang" for his "buck".  He wanted to know status of
practically everything in his house.  This entailed wiring relays in
parallel to a number of lighting circuits controlled by X-10 switches.
   This gives him accurate and up to the minute status on a specific
partition display on his alarm system keypads, as well as on custom
graphic displays located in his bedroom and office.  You could very
easily adapt this to any partitionable hybrid (combination
wired/wireless) security system out there.  We installed GRI PB-2020's
in the door frames to monitor the status of all the dead-bolts as well.
  It was a very interesting project, all-in-all.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com