Re: Structured Wiring Hub Layout

dawg1998 wrote:

> So, let's say I put up the plywood base, a power box (two outlets), a
> cabinet enclosure from Hoffman or Elk, and then I need to layout the
> rest. Any thoughts on this type of layout? Am I missing anything?
> (BTW, telephone is managed in the basement and each room has CAT5
> connections for it)
> Anything else to watch out for or think about?

I know that having a nice clean metal box sounds great, but I (as a rank
amateur, at least initially) have learned that expansion is the rule rather
than the exception.  If you can at all avoid the restrictions of a
"purpose-built" box and go with something like a LARGE piece of plywood
(over which you can later build some sort of porotective cover), do it.

In my view it's well worth it to sacrifice closet space for felxibility with
wiring changes.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat