Re: Structured Wiring Hub Layout

Thanks for the responses thus far...very helpful.

So, let's say I put up the plywood base, a power box (two outlets), a
cabinet enclosure from Hoffman or Elk, and then I need to layout the
rest. Any thoughts on this type of layout? Am I missing anything? (BTW,
telephone is managed in the basement and each room has CAT5 connections
for it)

I have a Living Room with 2 RG-6 connections and 2 CAT-6 connections. I
am going to have a dual-tuner HDTV DVR in this room (satellite or
cable) and wired/wireless internet.

I have a Bedroom with 2 RG-6 connections and 1 CAT-6 connection. I am
going to have a single-tuner HDTV Receiver  (satellite or cable) in
this room and wired/wireless internet.

I have a Den with 2 RG-6 connection and 1 CAT-6 connection. Here, I
might have a single-tuner HDTV Receiver and will definitely have wired
internet.

I have four incoming RG-6 connections that comes from the roof (for
satellite/antenna).
I have one incoming RG-6 connection that comes from the basement (for
cable video and/or broadband internet)
I have one incoming CAT 5 connection that comes from the basement (for
DSL Internet)

I will have a D-Link Wi-Fi hub for the CAT 6 connections (can utilize
an incoming DSL Modem or Cable Modem)

I'm thinking of getting a Passive Video Splitter for land-based video
(Comcast) and a Powered Multi-Switch for possible satellite-based video
(DirecTV).

Anything else to watch out for or think about?