Re: RF white paper

> I recall one site I tested where the plate glass doors in some underground
> mall entrances were worth 25 dB of attenuation.  When the doors were open,
> 900 MHz signals would pass and cellular service worked on the other side.
> As the doors closed, the calls would drop.

Sure, there are any number of coatings or additives in the glass that would
end up blocking RF signals.  I've got a sunroom that's practically a faraday
cage due to the windows.  Open the door or a window and WiFi and cell
services greatly improve.

> I wonder if their optimism for Echelon would hold true for other PL
> technologies... like Insteon... etc.

It's interesting to see echelon making noises again.  The fear of zigbee
must be pretty strong.  Is anyone making residential devices using echelon
stuff?