Re: noise?

The power levels allowed for European made devices (which you use in
Australia) are much higher than those allowed in North America. I stand by
my original statement. Typical range here is 10 meters.

Here's a brief explanation of the different power levels allowed...

     http://www.radiometrix.co.uk/apps/apnt102.htm

It's about equally probable that he's receiving your signals as a neighbors.
;)