Re: Need a keypad

On 29 Sep 2005 20:23:45 -0700, "stormy2084" <stormy2084@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <1128050625.731398.124870@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I asked this a while back myself and didn't get any leads (at least on
>inexpensive stuff). I've spent a great deal of time looking into this
>(I wanted a replacement for Centralite controls) but came up with
>nothing.  The best I've been able to come up with is to bite the bullet
>and use expensive Lutron or Vantage controls and modify - but that's an
>expense I don't want.  I also looked into doing a small run of custom
>controls - pricewise it wasn't too bad for doing a whole house, but
>it's a one-time deal and is a bit complicated.
>
>If you find something, please post a reply!

I dunno what you idea of sexy is (previous post) , but one could make
whatever configuration one wanted by

1)  mounting thin, tactile switches on pcb material
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=169244
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?KeywordSearch

2) covering them with printed mylar artwork of whatever content and style
you considered 'sexy"  --  numbers, room names, pictures of the apostles...
Whatever strikes your fancy and,

3) placing the assembly inside whatever conventional light switch surround
(Decora etc) suits you.

Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org.