Re: Low voltage wiring - NEC question

Thanks for all the responses.

Let me restate the question: If low voltage (12v landscape) wire is
run along (not internal to)  the indoor walls/ceiliing of a garage,
does the NEC have anything to say about it? Shovels hitting the wire,
things falling on it, etc. aren't a concern.

To clarify (based on the bits and pieces of the NEC that I've picked
up on-line), Chapter 3 of the NEC absolutely states that you *must*
use conduit to go through a wall. Also, the standard wire sold for
landscape lighting is suitable for direct burial. Per the NEC, the
wire is supposed to be buried (I believe) 6" deep, but I doubt that
anybody does that other than in areas that might be core aerated. It's
usually just placed under the mulch. There are no NEC requirements for
use of conduit outdoors.

The problem here is, as I said, that there is lots of talk on-line
about the NEC but it isn't actually available for reference on-line.
I just checked the card catalog at the local library via the Web, and
they have a copy in the reference section. When I find the answer,
I'll post it...

Martin