Re: OUTDOOR X10 outlet?

I had an interior Leviton X10 outlet fail exactly the same way after only a
few months.  It is a little plastic piece behind the solenoid that breaks.
Too bad it wasn't made out of metal, but that would have cost them a few
cents more.  Cold temperatures may make the plastic more brittle.

I installed a X10 relay wall switch in series with the outlet to solve the
problem.  If that's possible in your situation, it would be a clean solution
for your exterior lights.

Jeff