Re: X10 still around?

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:00:33 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<nfmdnbPGcv2u5K3eRVn-vw@xxxxxxx>:

>"Marc F Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>wrote [of RF garage door opener security or lack thereof]
>
>> In a word: "hardwired" (or is it two words, as in "hard
>> wired" ;-) ?
>
>> Nobody can break into _our_ garage ...
>
>That's the sort of unqualified challenge I don't think I'd ever want to
>make on the Internet, as "diverse" as it has become.  Probably should
>be amended to read "using RF" for safety's sake lest someone think
>you're offering a prize to prove you wrong.  :-)  Unless, of course,
>you spend your evenings sitting in a darkened house with a pistol in
>your lap, *waiting* for challengers.
>
>You might have hit upon the next reality show fad, "Betcha Can't Break
>n!"  ---  brought to you by Smith & Wesson, the ultimate security
>system.

I'm very sensitive to the 'challenge' issue. For example, the IP address
used by our HA system has never, ever been used for public purposes like
email, usenet, web hosting. I wonder what safeguards other folks take to
protect their IP's and gateways. Important issue in my opinion.

And, Ok. It was not nice of me to write what I wrote.

We don't _have_ a garage ...

(Too much car habitat in this country already.)

Jist checking ... You pass.;-)

.. Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org