Re: Automatic Wheelchair Turntable

news:433d2daf.150510691@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >The lack of a way to secure the
> >scooter satisfactorily on a turntable may be the kiss of death for the
> >turntable idea.
>
> That and the fact that cantilevering that much weight outboard of most
> turntable bearing systems will bring problems. If there was a simple
> solution you'd likely find lots of commercial turntables.

I suppose you're right.  I had intended to place bearing supports at the
outer edges of some type.  If vertical height wasn't a problem, a lot of
small caster wheels around the outside edge might support it.  However this
problem, at a few others, have caused me to rethink the turntable in favor
of guidance systems or an on-board hoist mounted at the opposite door.

> How much does the chair weigh? Did your DIY scales work?

The Chancellor of the Exchequer happened to notice the four bathroom scales
in the cart at Target and used her pocket veto.  I won't repeat what she
said, but she was certain it had something to do with that "damned
newsgroup."  Interestingly enough the money didn't mean nearly as much as
the space the four scales would consume in one of the closets.  As it turned
out, the chair was weighable in pieces on the bathroom scale we already
owned.  It weighs over 400lbs when fully loaded.

--
Bobby G.