Re: Need help with Sockets, using Mister House

Robert L Bass wrote:
> Thanks for explaining your needs more fully.

My pleasure.

> I can see how this
> functionality would be of use to many of my clients.

That M1 rocks!

> I'll speak
> to ELK's engineering about it and see if we can't get the X10
> security codes added to the M1 protocol.

Not gonna happen...

The M1 uses a PLC, like the TW523 two-way power line interface. Thats
how it gets it's X10 in and out.

The X10 security codes are all RF to begin with, and aren't found ON the
power lines.

So M1'll never see 'em.

> Your use of the custom string capability of M1 is an excellent
> idea.

Thank you!

> While ELK doesn't do tech support for Mister House perhaps
> one of the other users on the ELK forum or an ELK engineer may be
> able to assist with the code.

There is an Elk forum? Do tell...!

And yes, it will be a community effort. Elk's engineering's resources
are stretched... and focused.

> I'll inquire about that for you as well.

Yeah - post to the Elk forum, and lets see what happens!

> May I have your permission to copy your article here and forward
> it?

Be my guest!

FYI: I learned all of this FROM Elk's engineering dept. I spoke to Don
and we tested the concept right on the spot. It does work!

Don was happy to hear of another Mister House lover, and suggested I see
if I could get Mister House ported to use the M1. He inquired if I knew
Mr. House.

I told him "no", but I had a funny story:

While looking around Mister House's files I stumbled upon some phone
numbers. Bruce at work, Winter house 1 & 2, etc, etc

"No Waaaay!" I thought. "These can't be real..."

So I dialed Bruce's work number, and his voicemail said it WAS so...!!

Whoops!

So when time came to leave a message, I said "Hi" and identified myself.
And mentioned HOW it was I found his number, etc. I didn't want to bug
him...

And I quickly erased any thoughts I had of giving him a call at home...

;-)

So "no", I told Don. "I've never actually spoken with him..."

I did promise I would try to rally community help in this matter.

So YES, Mr. Bass... Please do whatever you feel is best...

Sincerely,

Jack
:)