Re: Ceiling speaker too close to light

<no--spam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1128435087.506774.247610@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> At what minimum distance should a 6.5" in-ceiling speaker be located
> from a dimmable 12V 50W light?
>
> My own feeling is that the main problem will be heat, not
> electromagnetic interference.

You're probably right.  If you're using shielded speaker wire you shouldn't
have a problem with interference, either.  I'd maintain a distance of at
least 12" from any 12 - 120 VAC runs (including termination points excluding
motorized components where the distance should be even greater).  What's it
going to look like aesthetically??  WAF is extremely important (probably
more so than the chances of "interference").  :-))