Re: Ceiling speaker too close to light

> At what minimum distance should a 6.5" in-ceiling
> speaker be located from a dimmable 12V 50W light?
>
> My own feeling is that the main problem will be
> heat, not electromagnetic interference.

Heat and possible rattling of the light fixture can be an issue if the two
are too close.  EMI will not affect speaker level (amplified) audio no
matter how close the speaker is to the fixture.  Aesthetics are another
concern.  A speaker right next to a light fixture might look strange.

If you keep them at least a foot apart there won't be any problems.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics