Re: Driveway Alert Sensors

On 6 Oct 2005 12:40:35 -0700, "Mark Thomas" <mrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <1128627635.014504.108670@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I've had my eye on the solar powered one:
>
>http://www.smarthomeusa.com/Shop/Motion/DesignTech-Drive-Mail/Item/33372/
>
>It has a 12V output trigger for home automation systems. That's better
>than nothing; many only have a light and chime. But the system supports
>up to 16 sensors; why can't they just put out the code on four
>terminals? Is it really that difficult to keep automators in mind?

At least with the four-sensor version of the Cartell system, the sensors are
wired in series external to the controller. In other words, the signals are
OR'd and so there is no 1-of-16 ("put the code out on four terminals" ) data
to report.

If you want multiple, independent sensors, the least expensive route may be
the Cartell CP-2 self-contained unit
http://www.cartell.com/Products/cp-2.htm at $122 a pop from Worthington.

Alternatives ?

Marc