Re: how to fit x10 switches in a gangbox

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Armond Perretta wrote
>
>>...Since my next move is to the crematorium
>> I am not immediately concerned.
>
> Having spent some summers nearby in Harvey Cedars you might find Mother
> Nature has other plans.  If the scientists are right, there are going to
> be
> lots more Cat 5 hurricanes like Katrina and offshore islands like Long
> Beach
> Island seem to be among their favorite foods!  It's certainly changed my
> long-term retirement plans.

Same here.  I've decided to buy a home with "hurricane glass" a bit more
inland than my current digs.  It's very nice being close to the Gulf of
Mexico but I think it's time to move to higher ground _before_ the next one
comes knocking.

> I'm expecting that insurers may make living in the
> hurricane belt a very expensive proposition.  Only
> people who can afford the premiums or can
> self-insure are going to be able to rebuild.  I think
> Katrina's going to change the very nature of beautiful
> but risky living, at least for some people.

For folks like us this is a mere inconvenience.  Sadly, for many of the
people who suffered the most from Katrina and Rita, moving to a better place
is not an option.

> For others, it's going to mean they have more
> beachfront to themselves, even if the beachfront
> moves inland every decade or two.

You may be aware that I spend a portion of each year in Brazil.  I was
feeling good about the fact that Brazil never gets hit by hurricanes...
until just recently.  A pair of scientists, one Brazilian and one
Australian, have published a paper which claims global conditions are ripe
for hurricanes to hit the East coast of Brazil soon.  :(

> After thinking it over, I'm heading for the mountains when I retire. Of
> course, that limits the amount of sailing I can do on a daily basis.  I
> must
> admit that Long Beach Island is remarkably beautiful. <nostalgia attack>
> can remember deep blue skies, giant puffy clouds, the sound of the surf,
> the
> smell of the salt air . . . Where's my Jan and Dean "Surf City" 45RPM?

You're bringing back fond memories for me.  I spent many a summer weekend
"down the shore" on Long Beach Island.  We used to go to Surf City and other
towns along the island.  My aunt still owns a large summer home there.

BTW, speaking of the Jersey shore, do you recall the time back in the early
sixties when someone climbed the Lavalette water tower and repainted the
sign so say "Love-a-Lot"?  I swear it wasn't me...  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics