Re: What chip was used on the DTMF Weeder Kit?

Dave Houston wrote:
> The Weeder Telephone/Computer Interface kit (WTTCI-K) did use the MC145436
> but it also used a PIC16C54 which decoded the DTMF and provided the
> multidrop RS232 interface. Aside from the fact that supplying you with the
> board layout and schematic would infringe Weeder's copyright it wouldn't do
> you any good without having the firmware for the PIC. If you plan to write
> your own PIC firmware, you may as well design the whole thing from the
> ground up.

As I said, I don't have the schematic. As such I really have no idea
what went into his design...

If he went directly to the PC's parallel port, with a little low-level
software, he wouldn't need a PIC.

> Unless you can find a surplus Weeder kit, it would be simpler to choose some
> other DTMF decoder kit (there are many) and adapt the MH code as needed.

Any leads on a surplus Weeder kit?

> Check out the QK153 from Quality Kits.

Dave, you did it again!

I just bought 2 of these, as well as some other stuff (telephone surge
suppressor, SLA battery charger, & 8 relay kit) and it has shipped!

Looking forward to making this work.

This kit will put a character out the serial port as it comes along on
the DTMF (phone line.) No formatting whatsoever.

And it doesn't terminate the line, either.

So there doesn't seem to be an indication of off-hook status either...

Mister House would have to time incoming data. After a period of
inactivity, it'll have to terminate that entry to the log.

It also can't time the call's duration. Or can it?

Anybody else using the QK153 from Quality Kits with Mister House?

Worst case it may be necessary to re-write the kit's firmware. They use
an Atmel 89C2051. They don't provide or make available the source code.

I wonder what the Weeder kit's protocol was... Anybody?

Thankx, again.

Jack
:)