What chip was used on the DTMF Weeder Kit?

Hi gang!

I too would very much like Mister House to log outgoing calls as well.

I added a NetCallerID and enjoy it logging my incoming calls.

I joined Vonage just to get CallerID service, for this purpose.

Mister House is compatible with a Weeder kit, which is no longer
available... So...

I called Mr. Weeder today.

"The Outgoing DTMF phone monitor kit was discontinued, as were all kits,
around 5 or 6 years ago."

I asked if he was going to produce a finished product instead? "No."

He's focused on Industrial products, and has strayed away from Home
Automation. "There is no market for kits."

So I asked him for the schematics and board layout. "I don't have that
stuff anymore", he said.

Do I believe him? As an engineer-type myself I can assure you - I never
throw anything away. Maybe HE did, how knows?

"Besides..." he added, "The chip I used was made by Motorola. It was
discontinued 6 years ago. So it wouldn't do you any good to have the
schematic anyway!"

Well I have found a few chips that do the job, including an old Motorola
part. And a current source for that part being under $5.00

So now the board layout and schematic would be very helpful indeed.

Do any of you HA buffs have this Weeder kit in use? Could you look at
the chip for me?

I think it is the Motorola MC145436.

Whatever I make, I'll want it to act identically to the Weeder design
soas to maintain Mister House compatibility.

Does the Weeder kit connect the the Parallel port? No CPU would be
necessary to serialize the data...

Anybody have a spare Weeder kit they would part with?

Thanks for any help Terry Weeder and the HA community can offer.

Sincerely,

Jack Edin
Logic Unlimited
Aloha, Oregon