Re: UPB

Dave Houston wrote:
> Are there any tools for measuring its signal strength? If you do not
get
> the expected coverage, how do you troubleshoot it?

The powerline interface module (PIM) is far more sophisticated than,
say, a CM11A. It has the capability of reporting pulse strength and
measuring noise levels on the powerline. It's like having a built-in
tester.

One thing I like about PCS is that they have all their specs documented
and open for anyone to use. Several descriptive documents are here:

http://www.pulseworx.com/technotes.html

I don't know the answer to your question of distance, although I think
PCS has more detailed physical layer documentation available somewhere.