Re: Stylish keypads?

I know what you mean; when I was installing X10 stuff I settled for the
backlit rubber membrane style, because it could be custom engraved (and
the engraving turns out rather nice, except for the script style which
is too small to read on the little buttons).

Now I'm doing UPB, and PCS is using the same rubber membrane style. HAI
is now manufacturing their own, and I was disappointed when I saw it
(http://www.homeauto.com/Products/HLC/HouseControllers.htm) because
it's another engraved rubber membrane, with even smaller buttons. I
doubt you can fit full words on them.

Another is Simply Automated:
http://www.simply-automated.com/documents/Datasheet_SimplyBrilliant_050420.pdf
At least they are firm buttons, but it's not very graceful and it looks
like the labels will be hard to read.

I was hoping someone would come out with something nicer. The Lutron
ones are indeed nice. I think my favorite is the minimalistic
Centralite Classica series
(http://www.centralite.com/images/Classica_large.jpg). Is something
like that *that hard* to make?