Re: Want modem to call my Cell Phone on events.

In article <1114543895.939525.307990@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 "Dave" <cheapscatedave@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All, I am still trying to get my home monitoring system to call my
> cell phone when an event occurs. I am running a Dallas 1-Wire
> temperature monitoring program by Timo Sara-aho and it has a function
> to run an external program on high or low limits. In the past I used
> WTSqMail to send SMS to my cell and this worked great but I will ne
> discontinuing my cable modem for Dialup and will need another solution.
> My hardware is 400mhz Pentium running Win98CE with an internal 56k
> modem.
> I used a simple xxx.bat file to send the WTSqMail messages but I cannot
> get a bat file to echo a dialing string to the COM port.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Dave

Not sure how much data you want but you can call your cell phone for
simple events like hi-temp alarm, etc, easily without a computer.  Just
wire up a Radio Shack automatic dialer and have the dialer send DTMF
codes.  I recieve such codes on my digital pager, for example 46-46-46
means an automobile is approaching my house.  I repeat the number for
reliability thru redundancy.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/