Re: Newbie Questions - Control over TCP/IP

To address your biggest priority of TCP/IP access, you might consider using
using Transmon components. These components connect over AES encrypted
TCP/IP. A small database is the center of a logical star configuration. An
API is provided for VC++ 6.0 which you can use for implementing controls or
interfaces to devices. The API provides an encrypted connection to the
dbase. An interface to the X10 CM11A is provided. Modbus RTU and TCP/IP
interfaces are nearing completion. Configurable graphic control panels with
encrypted TCP/IP connection are included.

These components are currently free for non-commercial use, such as yours,
at http://www.geocities.com/transmon_enterprise/
For examples of home use, click on the 'cm11a' link.

Regards,
Steve