Re: Type 66 Block

From:Jim H
jh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Several reasons:
 1)  Not everybody uses a Leviton enclosure.
 2) 8 phones requires a $30 module vs. $6 for a 66 block that handles 12
two line phones or 6 four line phones.
 3) You can't use bridging clips on that module so individual phones
cannot be disconnected without pulling the wires.
 4) Looping the wires can be done as easily and neatly as any other use
of the block.
 5) Troubleshooting is made easier.

Basically, there is nothing wrong with the way you did it. It works,
it's well organized and you have a relatively small installation.  Your
solution is well suited to a residential application.  For larger homes,
a more commercial approach makes better sense from administrative and
cost perspectives.  Personally, I don't like "structured" enclosures as
they charge an arm & a leg for attaching proprietary brackets to
otherwise generic parts. Even if I had to use an enclosure for asthetic
reasons, I would use an empty wall cabinet with a plywood backboard and
mount generic video, 110 and 66 components.

<snip>>