Re: UPB, etc. WAS: Need some antenna advice...

Indeed, we have sure veered far from the original thread -- but it sure
is interesting.

I don't know how to explain this (sorry to go back to my amateurish
discussion), but my eggbeater antenna is working better than ever!

I threw it over an old exercise bike in one my closets here in my
basement -- 100 feet of cox cable in a knot.

The antenna is hanging upside down, with the eggbeaters resembling 85
year old breasts (I'm a paramedic -- I see them regularly).

One of the leads actually ripped off, so it's actually more like one
breast.

Lo and behold, my slimline remotes are working 3 floors up.  ...there
is no method to this madness!

I did order an old fashioned transceiver today, anyhow.  $20.00 with a
chiming module and an Active Eye PIR sensor... what the heck!

Okay, sorry for my update... back to the more interesting stuff.

David, I'm sorry to hear that health reasons have prohibited you from
helping with my assembly.  One day I'll get someone over here, and
we'll put in the amplifier, too.

Thanks!

Mike